What is Reiki?
What is Reiki? Reiki is a safe energy healing system that millions of people around the world are practising these days.
The Japanese word Reiki is usually translated into English as Universal Energy. Reiki practitioners channels this high vibration energy in order to dissolve blockages or distortions in our body energy, restoring the lost balance and harmonizing the body, mind and spirit. The practitioner lays hands on the client in different positions along the body.
We believe that the energy in the body is always flowing like the water of a river. When this flow is blocked for any reason an imbalance can appear in the body. Reiki can help to dissolve these blockages, restoring the natural wellbeing. The practitioner channel this energy through their hands into the client's body.
Reiki is simple, natural and safe. It can improve your health, provide relaxation and help you to recover your natural happiness and balanced state.
Reiki is used either for treating an specific ailment or to provide general comfort and balance.
When we use Reiki we are not only treating the disorder or ailment, but also the underlying causes from an holistic point of view, it means, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual causes, with the goal not only to remove the ailment, but to promote harmony at all levels.
What to expect from a Reiki session?
Then you can lie down on my massage table. There is no need to take your clothes off. I recommend that you wear comfortable clothes and remove metallic items like jewellery, watches or keys or change from your pockets.
If you are not able to move properly, I can give you the session while you are in bed or sitting on a chair.
I will lay my hands on different parts of your body. The sensations during the treatment are different for everyone. Some people feel vibration, others heat or tickling. You can get different sensations in different parts of your body. It depends on the amount of energy moving and on your way of perceiving the energy that is different in every person.
It is possible that you feel different emotional states during the session: sadness, joy, anger, fear... This means that the energy of your emotions is releasing. You can talk to me about it if it makes you feel uncomfortable. The best way of dealing with it is acknowledging it and letting it go.
Most people enter a deep state of relaxation. Some of them can even fall sleep. This will not affect the effects of Reiki, so you don't have to worry if it happens. Probably it is what your body needs in that moment. I will wake you up at the end of the session.
After the session and in the following days, you are advised to drink plenty of water. Many people pass through a detox process after their first Reiki sessions. This can manifest in physical and emotional symptoms, like frequent visits to the toilet, sleepiness, changes in appetite, mood swings, dreams... This is a natural process and it will pass in a few days.
10 reasons to receive a Reiki treatment
1. Reiki improves general relaxation and help to reduce stress and anxiety levels.
2. It restores our emotional balance. It can be used for important disorders, like depression, insomnia, or to eliminate bad habits like pessimism, recurring thoughts, aggressiveness...
3. Relieves or reduces pain, both in common ailments (headache, menstruation) and in chronic diseases (arthrosis, fibromyalgia).
4. It is safe and non invasive. There are no harsh body manipulations, or use of needles or creams. The patient remains fully dressed at all times and the therapy has no side effects.
5. It is a complementary therapy that can be received at the same time as any medical or psychological treatment. There is no need for you to stop any other treatment while you are receiving Reiki. It also works well in conjunction with other alternative therapies.
Reiki in Hospitals
Reiki is a light-touch, energy-based therapy that reduces stress and increases relaxation for better health. See how Reiki is touching the lives of cancer patients at the Washington Cancer Institute at Washington Hospital Center