Benefits of Massage
Swedish Massage has been found to have many benefits, including:
- It reduces muscle spasm, pain and tension
- It releases endorphins, the body's natural painkillers, providing a feeling of general wellbeing.
- It provides relaxation and therefore a reduction in stress and anxiety levels.
- It improves blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. It lowers blood pressure.
- It improves mobility and reduces swelling caused by an accumulation of fluid in the tissues.
- Swedish massage shortens recovery time from muscular strain by flushing the tissues of lactic acid, uric acid, and other metabolic wastes. It improves muscle tone and prevents fatigue and muscular atrophy.
- It balances the overall flow of natural life energy through the body.
Swedish massage feels good, is relaxing and invigorating. It affects the nerves, muscles, glands, and circulation, while promoting health and well being.